- 90% of the Clean Range Socks
About our recycled cotton
Unlike recycled polyester (primary derivation is from a petroleum source – crude oil) recycled cotton is derived from a plant-based source, cotton. As a result, we do not have the same issue with microplastics that are associated with recycled polyester.
- Recycled cotton does not use new virgin material.
Key Life Cycle Assessment Data Headlines:
Per 1000kg of recycled cotton used (approximately):
- 58ha of agricultural land can be saved
- 6600kg CO2 can be reduced
- 2783m3 irrigation water can be saved
Climate change indicator [impact category] comparison:
11,000 kg CO2 eq. for Virgin Cotton
4,380 kg CO2 eq. for Recycled Cotton
Equating to a 120% difference by using recycled cotton.
This is 143% less irrigation water than traditional virgin cotton.
[Data sourced from the International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 2020]